Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just Another Day

A typical Day
Saturday June 28, 2008
Got up at 6:00 am, turn on computers, start coffee, retrieve morning paper, take medicine, turn on TV to watch news. Now with about 5 things started I switch back and fourth between them, multitasking where possible, not that I should need the extra time. I’m retired. I check the internet and e-mail while I do the 15 minute albuteral (nebulizer) treatment. Back to the Paper and TV, back to writing my daily list and computer stories, another cup of coffee, still noone else has woke up. The girls probably won’t be up for hours, but Carols not even up. What really surprised me is that I offered to let Sugar out for her morning duty and she chose to stay in bed. 8:30 and Carols up, now she wants me to check out her new phone features. Internet, text mail, etc. so another task to add to the others that haven’t been completed, paper, news, computer, eating (I’m hungry), and it’s about time for Sugar’s morning walk. Today is a little unusual because I am also trying to document the daily activities with this diary. But then there’s always something like this to do. One thing I enjoy in the paper are the comic strips.







Often a single comic strip convey more than many paragraphs. Today I cut one out to go with this blog.

It’s 10:00 am and I’m coking chili, and Manwich for lunch while Carol is cooking breakfast. Then time for the dog walk. I really enjoy our daily walk. Sugar loves to just run circles around me, and chase anything in sight. She’s really hyper and needs to run (not walk on a leash), to get the energy out of her. Our property here in Georgia backs into about a thousand acres (at least hundreds) of corps of Engineering flood land property, so the walk is like having my own private rain forest down a branch that begins at our back yard about 1/4 mile to Lake allotoona.
Back to the house for breakfast and send a few e-mails. And it’s time for mail call. Business Week, and just junk mail. More reading, writing, and balance the bank statements & Quicken. Short nap, game of Halo with Destiny, ice cream, and it’s back to Quicken.
It’s 7:30 and a number of jobs didn’t even get started. Trim & bath the dog, trim cats nails, get girls out for exercise, Start a number of Opinion articles (Salmonella in Tomatoes). Why Obama will win in 08 election, why drill for oil in Florida, subprime mortgage scam, bullshit corner, final resting place. Let alone work on projects that are just on hold for now. Finish foundation for storage shed, solder wine equipment, work on backyard walkway, clean bamboo, enter Legacy Data, Identify photographs, edit Autobiography movie, and more. I settled back for some TV and relaxation time, but then back to the computer to review EV Autos, the Think City looks promising.
It’s 10:30 and time to call it a day, shut down computers after reviewing e-mail. We finally got to sleep about 2 am after threats of canceling Sunday mornings 4th of July special church services. We did make it up on time (barely) and went to a really inspiring service.

No comments: